Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our Family


We met when Stef decided to play matchmaker. She called me at work on a Friday afternoon and told me that she wanted me to come meet her horse, Sisco, because I hadn't been to see him yet. I thought nothing of this because, well, I hadn't been to see her horse she'd had for a few months. That all changed when we got to the barn and she introduced me to Josh. I had the kids with me and although he had plans to go out with the boys, he stayed around and gave us all horse rides. The next week Josh and I had our first date at Stef and Rusty's house... and we've been inseparable ever since.

Our kids have always been a central focus in our lives. Many of you know what Josh was going through that fall, and regardless of that chaos, he lived his life and made plans with them as his first thought. When we finally had all 4 kids together in the same house, we knew this was our family now.

Emma is the oldest at 10.5 years and 4 minutes. She is the mother-hen and keeps them all in line. Xander is 10.5 years and is the jokester older brother type. Mitchell is 7 and keeps up with the big kids, sometimes to their dismay. Emilee is 6 and while small, and the youngest wields her bossy pants like a pro. Our boys are book-ended by their sisters, and trust me, they need them there.

The kids will be in the wedding and all are excited to be dressed up and included. The girls are more excited, of course. And I'm having a ball shoe shopping for little girls.

Jill

0 comments: